Investing.com's users can manage 2 types of virtual portfolios:
- The watchlist which is aimed for tracking the performance of selected instruments.
- The holdings portfolio that allows you to track your transactions, daily profit/loss,
In this manual, we will go over the steps for importing a Holdings. To import Watchlist, please go to the Import Portfolio - Watchlist article.
If you have an existing portfolio outside of investing.com, such as Yahoo Finance or Google Finance, you can import your portfolio (watchlist or holdings) to our portfolio page
Please note that in order to import a portfolio, it has to be in CSV file format.
Once you access the portfolio page click on Import Portfolio, to begin the import process.
Step 1/3: Choose a portfolio to import
- Upload your existing portfolio CSV file. Please note that there is a limit of approximately 50 symbols/instruments per import to a portfolio.
The CVS file must include the following columns:
- Instrument's identifier - name/symbol/ISIN.
- The position's open price.
- The position's amount (the size of the position, or the number of stocks).
It is highly recommended that the columns show up in the portfolio in this specific order. It is recommended also to upload other columns: type - BUY (Long position) or SELL (Short position), commission, etc.
- Choose the portfolio type - Positions.
- You can import the file to an existing portfolio or a new one.
- Choose the portfolio's currency
- Click on Next to continue to step 2.
Step 2/3: Choose the correct columns
In this step, you will need to check that the columns have been identified properly by our system. This can be done by choosing the relevant option in the drop-down box above the column.
Once this step is done and all the data is arranged properly, click on Next to start the 3rd and last step.
Step 3/3: Confirm and edit tickers
Please review the symbol column and approve or change the tickers. You may fix or change anything that doesn't match by clicking on the relevant box. Use the toggle button at the bottom of the box to filter for only incorrect or unidentified items.
Also, you can delete unwanted rows, simply check the unwanted row and click on Delete.
Once you confirmed that all your stocks have been identified properly, click on Import Portfolio to finish the process.
Feel free to contact our support department with any questions or suggestions.